- 1 TS Education Common Entrance Test ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- 1.1 APPLICATION FEE
- 1.2 APPLICATION PROCESS
- 1.3 Age Limit:
- 1.4 TS EdCET 2018 Important Dates
- 1.5 How to Apply to TS EDCET 2018
- 1.6 TS EDCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- 1.7 TS EDCET 2018 Syllabus
- 1.8 TS EDCET 2018 Exam Centers
- 1.9 TS EDCET 2018 Result
- 1.10 PREPARATION TIPS
TS EdCET 2018 Notification: The TS EDCET Exam (Education Common Entrance Test) is conducted by the Osmania University, Hyderabad on the behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), Hyderabad. the TSCHE was established by the Government of Telangana. With the bifurcation of AP and Telangana States, Along with various other entrance tests, TSCHE conducts the EDCET for aspirants seeking admissions for admission into B.Ed regular course in colleges. Interested candidates can apply for pursuing any of the courses through the Telangana EDCET Notification 2018. Candidates who qualify the TS EDCET Exam will be eligible for admissions for admission into B.Ed regular course in colleges in telangana
TS Education Common Entrance Test ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Aspirants interested appearing for the TS EdCET 2018 must check the following criteria before applying to the notification. The Educational Qualifications and other eligibility criteria for TS Education Common Entrance Test Exam Notification 2018 are as follows:
1)The candidates must be citizens of India
2) Candidate should satisfy the status of local and non-local as per the requirement laid down in TS Educational Institutions Order 1974 Regulation of Admission.
3) Candidates with degree B.A/B.Sc/B.Sc (Home Science)/B.Com/B.C.A/B.B.M and with minimum 50% of marks are eligible. For SC/ST/BC/PH, it is 40% of marks.
4) Candidates with 55% of marks in B.E/B.Tech degree with mathematics/science as one of the subjects are also eligible.
Candidates applying for TS EDCET 2018 will be required to pay the application fee of Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates Rs. 150/-before the closing date. The application fee can be paid through the TS Online Centres or the Citizen Service Centres or e-Seva Centres in Telangana. Applicants can also pay the through the payment gateway via credit or debit cards.
The Application Form of TS EdCET 2018 will be available online from the 18th march 2018. Interested applicants can visit the official website of TS EdCET@ www.edcet.tsche.ac.in and follow the registration process as indicated thereof. Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps for filling up the TS EdCET 2018 Application Form:
- Applicants can visit the website edcet.tsche.ac.in and fill in the profile details as necessary
- On filling the application form, candidates will receive a Registration receipt containing a transaction ID.
- After receiving the transaction ID candidates can log-in using this id and fill in TS EdCET application form which can be subsequently submitted along with the applicable fee.
The candidates should have completed the age of 19 years on 1st July of the year in which notification is issued. There shall be no maximum age limit.
TS EdCET 2018 Important Dates
|Issue of Notification||5th March 2018|
|Application form availability||8th March 2018|
|Last date for Application Submission without late fee||5th April 2018|
|With late fee of Rs.500/-||10th April 2018|
|Hall ticket Download||15th May 2018|
|TS Ed.CET Exam date 2018||19th May 2018|
|Answer Key Released on||May 2018|
|Result declaration||May 2018|
How to Apply to TS EDCET 2018
1. Goto Edcet 2018 official website www.tsedcet.org
2.Candidate must pay the application fee through TS/AP Online/Credit/Debit Card with necessary details of candidate.
3.Fill “Online Application form” with candidate correct details such as education,E-mail ID,Mobile no.Address etc.
4.Upload scanned color Photo & Signature in JPEG format.
5.Submit Take printout of the Application form for future reference.
TS EDCET 2018 Exam Pattern
Before getting ready for the entrance test, it is important to contemplate the Exam design. TS EDCET will comprise of 150 questions based objective questions. The term of the examination will be 2 hours. The method of exam is in Offline mode (pen and paper based). The medium of the exam is English and Telugu with the exception of English segment. Candidates who have selected the Urdu dialect should endeavor the whole inquiry paper in Urdu as it were.
The question paper will be sectioned into 3 Parts: Part A, Part B & Part C
Part A: General English
There will be 25 questions based on General English for 25 marks.
Part B: Teaching Aptitude
There will be 10 questions on Teaching Aptitude for 10 marks.
Part C: Methodology
Applicants will have to choose any one subject from the following. There will be 100 questions based on the selected subject for 100 marks. The subjects are mentioned below.
- Mathematics: 100 questions for 100 marks.
- Physical Sciences: Total 100 questions
- Physics: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Chemistry: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Biological Sciences: Total 100 questions
- Botany: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Zoology: 50 questions for 50 marks
- Social Studies: Total 100 questions
- Geography: 35 questions for 35 marks
- History: 30 questions for 30 marks
- Civics: 15 questions for 15 marks
- Economics: 20 questions for 20 marks
- English: 100 questions for 100 marks.
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||Three|
TS EDCET 2018 Syllabus
TS EDCET syllabus for the entrance examination includes objective type question on diverse topics such as English comprehension, Tense, Articles, General knowledge and so on.
The syllabus for the entrance exam on the basis of three sections is tabulated below:
|PART-A: General English||Reading Comprehension|
|Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling, Voice|
|Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms|
|Transformation of Sentences- Simple, Compound and Complex. Direct Speech and Indirect Speech|
|PART-B: General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude||General Knowledge of the Environment and application to the society.|
|Knowledge of Current Events, Everyday Observations, and Experiences in their Scientific outlook.|
|India and neighboring countries and questions related to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.|
|Teaching aptitude based questions on the ability to communicate, the ability to deal with Children, the ability to recognizing individual differences, analytical thinking and general intelligence.|
|PART-C: One of the following subjects to be selected:||Mathematics|
|Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)|
|Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology)|
|Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics, and Economics)|
|English [Special English in B.A.]|
For English, Syllabus of English will be based on various classes ranging from Class VIII to Class XII course.
The topics are:
- Language functions
- Elements of Phonetics
- Phrasal Verbs (idioms)
- Writing skills
- Study skills
- Reference skills
TS EDCET 2018 Exam Centers
The regional test centres where the TS Edcet 2018 will be held across the state of Telangana are as follows: (the centre details will be mentioned in the candidates’ Hall Tickets of AP ICET 2018).The entrance test will be held in 14 different cities in the state of Telangana, Hyderabad. Applicants are required to choose the exam center as per their convenience.
The exam centers with their codes is tabulated below:
TS EDCET 2018 Result
TS EDCET 2018 result will be declared on July 28, 2018, on the official website. The result will specify the secured marks and rank. The minimum qualifying marks for General/OBC category is 37 out of 150, there are no qualifying marks for SC/ST category.
Merit Rank will different for each subject in Part C: Methodology. In the case of a tie in total marks, Part C marks will be taken into account as a tie breaker. If the tie still exists, Part A marks will be considered.
In case of applicants with tie in all Parts of paper, age will be taken into consideration, older candidates will be given priority.
Steps to download Rank card:
- Login into your account using application number & password.
- Click on “Download Rank Card”
- Open, save, and take a print out.
Aspirants waiting to take the entrance test can pick some clues from the following tips to be able to prepare and perform well in the TS EDCET Exam 2018.
- Prepare a schedule: Chalk out a yearly, monthly, weekly or daily study schedule before starting to prepare for the exam. Segregate the topics and subjects to be covered by allocating specific time duration to each. Allot the time in a manner so that you can cover the entire syllabus under the exam.
- Analyse the exam pattern and the syllabus: A proper understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern gives a better insight on how to go ahead with the preparation. Depending on your choice of course, you can follow the syllabus in details and accordingly organize for the exam. As you examine the trend of questions over the years, you can prepare notes on important topics to smartly handle them.
- Revision: As you approach the exams, revising on a regular basis will help you recall better.
- Stay fit: In order to prepare as well as perform well you would need to stay healthy and fit. Thus, you could follow a healthy eating and sleeping regimen and include some form of exercise to keep your mind and body aligned through the entire period. This will not only benefit your body but will also enhance your thinking abilities, enable enhanced concentration and render you stress free.