Odisha Class 10th Results 2018
Students who appeared for the Odisha Class 10 Exams 2018 can expect the Board of Secondary Education (BSE) Odisha to Class 10 Results any time soon. The Board had scheduled the conduct of the Class 10 exams between February and March 2018. The Odisha State Board has not yet announced any official date for publishing the online results. However, experts and senior academicians are of the opinion that the Matric Results 2018 will be declared by the BSE as per the annual academic calendar followed by the board.
Going with the timeline of last year, this means that students can expect their Odisha Class 10 Results to be released around the same time as last year. In 2017, the Odisha Board of Secondary Education had started the Class 10 exam in Feb and concluded it in March. The results were announced in the early hours of 27th April, 2017. With reference to the trend of the previous year, the Class 10 Results 2018 is anticipated to be released via the online mode this year too around the end of April or early May.
Odisha HSC Result 2018
Once announced, students will be able to view and download their Matriculation results 2018 from the official website of Odisha Board @ www.odisharesults.nic.in.It’s advisable that students regularly look up the Board’s legit web link for all updates and latest notifications regarding the Class 10 results. All examinees will be able to access their online results with their Hall Tickets by simply entering their roll number, name and other details as required on the Board’s webpage to view the results. The merit list and details on re-evaluation and review of answer scripts will be subsequently uploaded by BSE after announcement of the Class 10 results.
About Odisha Board
The Odisha Board of Secondary Education was constituted in the year 1953 through the State Assembly Act of Odisha Secondary Education Act, 1953. Though established in 1953, BSE started functioning in full swing from 1955. Currently, the Odisha Board of Secondary Education is headquartered at Bajrakabati Road, Cuttack. The Board is responsible for developing the curriculum, supervising the implementation of all academic policies, organizing and conducting State level annual examination for the secondary and higher secondary level, and declaring the results for all students appearing for such examination. As on date, more than 6957 schools and institutes are affiliated to BSE.
How to check Odisha 10th Results 2018
Every year, the Odisha Board declares the result on its official website. However, with a large number of students trying to log in to the site for viewing their results, there are chances that the website may appear sluggish causing delays in displaying the result sheet. Following the below mentioned steps can assist students in checking their results with much ease and in a simplified manner.
- Navigate and visit the Odisha Board website @bseodisha.ac.in.
- Once you land on the Results page, enter your roll number, name and other required details on the allocated field on the page
- Click the “Submit” button to view your Odisha Classs 10 Results 2018
- Verify all details that appear on the result sheet
- Download the PDF of your scorecard and obtain necessary hardcopies of the result for all future reference.
10th Result previous year statistics
With lakhs of students appearing for BSE Class 10 Exams every year, a pattern can be traced from the previous years’ performances. It’s quite natural for students to be anxious around the time of result announcement. Though the results of 2018 will be determined by the student’s performance in the Class 10 Exams this year, a quick glance at the previous year’s statistics can help students form a realistic expectation from the BSE Matriculation Results 2018.
The table below projects the last few years’ BSE Class 10 Result statistics:
|Year||Over All Pass Percentage %||Boys Pass Percentage (%)||Girls Pass Percentage (%)||No. of students appeared for examination|
From the data as projected above, it can be derived that thegirls outperformed the boys in the Odisha Board Class 10 Result in 2017 overall. Last year the overall pass percentage was recorded at 85.28%. With an increase in the overall pass %, it can be estimated that this year too there will be a further increase in the pass percentage with more number of students appearing for the examination.
Points to be remembered
As students waitfor the BSE Class 10 Results 2018, there are a vital few points that every student should bear in mind during this time:
- Students should keep their hall tickets and roll numbers handy to check the BSE 10th Board Results 2018.
- Once BSE announces the results for 2018, candidates must cross-check to verify all the basic details as displayed on the result sheet.
- If candidates observe any errors on the result sheet, they must immediately contact the respective authority.
- Students must obtain printouts of the online scorecard for future references until the original mark sheet is issued by the school.
- The hardcopy of the online result sheet is considered as the provisional mark sheet and can be submitted to schools while applying for admission to the next class or course.
- Candidates can collect their original mark sheet, pass certificate and other relevant documentsfrom their respective schools within a month of the BSE 2018 online result publication.
- After the results are published, students who are not contentedwith the marks awarded to them can apply for re-evaluation. The date for application of re-evaluation is expected to be announced by the Board within 10-20 days after the Class 10 results publication. Candidates must regularly visit the Board’s legit web portalfor the latest updates on directions to apply for review.
What to do after 10th
For some students it might be a challenging task to decide upon the next course of action after completing BSE Class 10. Completing 10+2 is the primary choice that most students opt for after completing Matriculation. For those who wish to pursue higher studies, completing higher secondary education is equally significant. While some students easily make a choice of the stream of study in 10+2, others might feel confused in making an appropriate decision. Scoring good marks in BSE Class 10 2018 Results and student’s individual aptitude contribute immensely in the decision of which stream and school to select after Class 10. Forcandidates searching for unconventional education, there are several options such as vocational courses for skills training or other short-term courses. For pursuing vocational training, candidates can register into institutes like ITIs and ITCs. Those interested in serving the nation can also explore the opportunity of applying to the Indian Army or Indian Navy or to the Police Forces. Students must seek the guidance of parents, teachers and can also additionally consult any other external resources such as career counselling teams to arrive at a comprehensive decision. Candidates must stay abreast with maximum information available from all resources to be able to prepare and apply to any course of study or competitive exam within time.