- 1 IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 Notification
- 2 IBPS PO 2018 Notification
- 3 Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
- 3.1 IBPS PO 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- 3.2 Age Eligibility of candidates applying for IBPS PO 2018 Exam is as follows:
- 3.3 IBPS 2018 APPLICATION FEE
- 3.4 APPLICATION PROCESS OF IBPS PO 2018
- 3.5 PROBATIONARY OFFICER SYLLABUS
- 3.6 IBPS PO EXAM PATTERN
- 3.7 IBPS PO 2018 Mains Exam Pattern
- 3.8 EXAM CENTERS
- 3.9 HOW TO PREPARE THE IBPS PO 2018
- 3.10 Admit card
- 3.11 CUT OFF MARKS
- 3.12 IBPS PO Preliminary – 2017 Cut Off Marks
- 3.13 Category wise cut off marks
- 3.14 Expected IBPS PO Cut Off for Mains Exam
- 3.15 Expected Overall cutoff IBPS PO Cut Off for Mains Exam
- 3.16 IMPORTANT DATES OF IBPS PO
- 3.17 EXAM DATE
- 3.18 ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD DATE:
- 3.19 PREVIOUS PAPERS
- 3.20 MODEL PAPERS
- 3.21 IBPS PREPARATION TIPS
IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 Notification
IBPS PO 2018, IBPS PO Receuitment 2018: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts the IBPS PO Exam every year in search of meritorious candidates aspiring to join the banking sector. IBPS provides its services to all the public sector banks including RBI, SBI and Associate Banks of SBI, SIDBI, NABARD, LIC, Insurance companies and other nationalized banks which are seasoned members of the IBPS society. The lucrative public sector banking offers viable career opportunities to eligible and interested candidates.
IBPS PO 2018 Notification
IBPS PO 2018 Notification has been announced to commence the selection process of candidates to the 27 public sector banks and RRBs (Regional Rural Banks). Similar to IBPS PO 2017, the number of vacancies this year too is estimated around 3562. This national level exam is conducted across various locations in the online mode. The IBPS PO 2018 selection process is a three-tiered one with the IBPS PO Exam being conducted in two phases and followed by the Interview. The IBPS CWE-VIII PO Pre-Examination (preliminary) 2018 has been scheduled on 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st October this year. This will be followed by the IBPS PO Main Examination tentatively scheduled on 18th November, 2018.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
Candidates who pass both the Preliminary and Main Exam are shortlisted for the interview. The final selection will depend on the candidate’s performance merit in the Main Examination and Interview. Aspirants can refer to the official website of IBPS @ibps.in for all detailed information on important dates, post-wise educational qualification, age limit, application fee, selection procedure, salary, application process and for referring to all other important links.
IBPS PO 2018 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Candidates are required to meet the following educational eligibility and age criteria to be able to apply for the IBPS PO 2018 Examination.
For the IBPS CWE Preliminary Exam, aspirants will have to:
- Pass their Graduation in B.A/B.Com/B.Tech or in any equivalent discipline from a University recognized by the Government of India.
- Have a working knowledge of computer systems for the job as well as to appear for the IBPS PO exam which is slated to be conducted via the online mode.
- Desirably possess a verbal and written proficiency in the official language of the respective State or the Union Territory that they hail from.
- Be a citizen of India; or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 (with an intention of setting permanently in India).
- Person of Indian Origin who has migrated from any of the following countries with an intention to settle permanently in India: Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Uganda, Zambia and Malawi.
All candidates belonging to the third and fourth category must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
Age Eligibility of candidates applying for IBPS PO 2018 Exam is as follows:
Applicants must not be less than 20 years of age and should not exceed 30 years at the time of registration. The age relaxation for the reserved category is applicable as per the government norms.
IBPS 2018 APPLICATION FEE
Applicants will have to pay an Application Fee of Rs.600/- (inclusive of intimation charges) for registering on IBPS PO 2018 Notification. SC/ST/PWD candidates can apply for the exam with Rs.100/- only.
APPLICATION PROCESS OF IBPS PO 2018
All aspirants of IBPS PO 2018 can fill the application in the online mode via the official website link of IBPS @ibps.in by following the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of IBPS and fill up all basic details on the form
- Upload the requisite scanned photographs and signatures
- Provide all details regarding choice of post, language and academic qualification as necessary.
- Preview the filled in IBPS PO application form before submitting
- Pay the registration fees as applicable.
PROBATIONARY OFFICER SYLLABUS
The IBPS exam syllabus broadly covers the Board subjects which are further divided into individual topics. Candidates can refer to the following syllabus as charted below:
IBPS PO 2018 Prelims Syllabus:
Reasoning: Logical Reasoning, Alphanumeric Series, Data Sufficiency, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Puzzle, Seating Arrangement, Tabulation, Syllogism, Blood relations, Input Output, Coding and Decoding.
Quantitative Aptitude:Simplification, Profit & Loss, Mixtures &Alligations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere, Data Interpretation, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Sequence & Series, Permutation, Combination &Probability.
English Language: Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Para Jumbles, Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting, Fill in the blanks, Paragraph Completion and Miscellaneous.
IBPS PO 2018 Main Examination Syllabus comprises ofthe following sections: Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, and Computer Aptitude.
Quantitative Aptitude:Ratio and proportion, Averages, Time and work, Speed, Distance and time, Percentages, Partnership, Volume and Surface Area, Permutation and Combinations, Simple and Compound interest, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Profit, Loss and Discount
English Language:Error Correction, Sentence Rearrangement, Fill in the Blanks, Comprehension, Answering questions based on unseen passages, Vocabulary, Synonyms
Reasoning: Syllogism, Coding Decoding, Blood Relations, Series Test, Number, Ranking and time sequence, Direction Sense Test, Decision-making test, Input/output, Sitting Arrangement and Puzzles.
General Awareness:Currency and capital, Banking Terms, Current Rates (Repo Rate, Bank rate etc.), Important days/dates, Indian Economy, Abbreviations / full forms, Ministers and their departments, Books & Their Authors, International Economy, Finance, Shares,Various schemes of Government (MNREGA, Swabhiman, Swavlamban, Bharat Nirman etc.), Questions related to International Financial Institutions (IMF, UN, World bank, ADB-related – Members, recent development, functions), RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies, GDP related, Types of Banks, Social Function of Banks, Agriculture, Current Affairs (last 6 months)
Computer Aptitude:Basic computer knowledge (MS Office), Number System, History of computers, Operating Systems, Software & Hardware questions (Database & communication), Computer abbreviation, Microsoft-office, Basic knowledge of Internet & Networking
IBPS PO EXAM PATTERN
The Online written exam is segregated into two parts: Tier 1 – IBPS Preliminary Exam and Tier 2 – IBPS Mains Exam. This is followed by the Interview. The IBPS PO 2018 Prelims Online Exam has a total duration of 1 hour. The paper consists of 3 sections with a total of 100 questions, each question carrying one mark. Every incorrect answer will be marked negatively and 0.25 marks deducted for the same. Candidates will be required to clear the cut-off in all the three sections to qualify for the IBPS PO 2018 Mains.
IBPS PO 2018 Prelims Exam Pattern:
IBPS PO 2018 Mains Exam Pattern
This part of the IBPS PO 2018 exam has a total score of 200+25 marks and a total duration of 180+30 minutes.
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude: 45 questions, 60 marks, 60 minutes
English Language: 35 questions, 40 marks, 40 minutes
Date Analysis and Interpretation: 35 questions, 60 marks, 45 minutes
General economy and Banking Awareness: 40 questions, 40 marks, 45 minutes
English Language (Letter and Essay Writing) 2 questions, 25 marks and 30 minutes
The IBPS PO exam is conducted across several centres in India. While filling up the online application forms, applicants can mention their centre preferences. However, in case of unavailability of seats as per preference, IBPS may allot any other exam centre as available for the candidate. Applicants can look up the legit website link of IBPS for centre details.
HOW TO PREPARE THE IBPS PO 2018
In addition to filling up the application for the IBPS PO Exam, it’s essential that candidates remain updated with the latest news and notifications as announced by IBPS on a regular basis. Most importantly eligible candidates must prepare well in advance to face the competitive exam for a good score. There are various customized online packages which are easily accessible for preparing for the IBPS PO 2018 Exam. These include relevant books, video lectures, Mock Test papers and Sample Question papers. Preparing in the appropriate manner and well in advance is an essential pre-requisite for all aspirants.
Candidates can download the IBPS PO 2018 Admit Card from the official IBPS website by simply logging on to the website.
CUT OFF MARKS
The cut off for IBPS PO Preliminary Exam 2018 is as follows:
Reasoning Ability: 08.50
Quantitative Aptitude: 08.25
IBPS PO Preliminary – 2017 Cut Off Marks
Category wise cut off marks
The cut off for IBPS PO Main Examination 2018 is as follows:
Reasoning Ability: 05.25
Quantitative Aptitude: 06.50
General Awareness: 12.50
Expected IBPS PO Cut Off for Mains Exam
Expected Overall cutoff IBPS PO Cut Off for Mains Exam
IMPORTANT DATES OF IBPS PO
STARTING DATE: The Online Registration commencement date is expected to be updated soon. Candidates can check the IBPS website for the latest update.
LAST DATE: Yet to be announced. Aspirants must check the IBPS website regularly for the latest update.
Preliminary exam: 13th,14th,20th and21stOctober 2018
Main Examinations: 18thNovember 2018
ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD DATE:
Preliminary exam: September 2018 (Tentative)
Main Examinations:November 2018(Tentative)
All candidates can view and download the IBPS PO 2018 Exam Question Paper available along with the Answer Key from the IBPS official link. The IBPS PO Exam previous years question papers and Bank PO question papers for the year 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 can be accessed on the website.
Aspirants can grab the latest question papers and model papers for both IBPS Prelims and Mains with the updated pattern for free at the official link of IBPS. The Model Papers help candidates practice and prepare for the exams and can be handy in aiding to crack the IBPS Exam in the first attempt.
IBPS PREPARATION TIPS
Preparing for any exam requires immense sincerity, hard work and dedication. Other than preparing oneself with the skills and knowledge required to do well, candidates could use the following tips to outperform the exam.
- Know the Exam Pattern and Syllabus well to design an effective strategy to approach the question paper
- Refer to IBPS PO books that can work as a guide for an easy understanding of the subjects and topics
- Focus on significants sections as per the syllabus of IBPS PO exam, i.e. whichever level you are preparing for. For instance, the Quantitative section consists of maximum number of questions and with regular practice students can aim for bagging a good score in this section. Time yourself as you practice on the model papers so that you get to approach all questions within the stipulated exam duration.
- Increase accuracy and speed of answering each question with repeated practice. Using the mock test papers to practice can contribute to increased speed of attempting the questions on every section. It is vital to distribute time while solving the question paper and thus candidates could try attempting the easier questions prior to working on the relatively difficult ones.