IBPS Clerk Computer Awareness Question & Answers for who is applied to IBPS Clerk examination.
- Which of the following peripheral devices displays information to a user?
1) Monitor 2) Keyboard 3) Secondary Storage Device 4) Secondary Storage Media
- Bandwidth refers to –
1) The cost of the cable required to implement a WAN
2) The cost of the cable required to implement a LAN
3) The amount of information a peer-to-peer network can store
4) The amount of information a communication medium can transfer in a given amount of time
3. A processor that collects the transmissions from several communication media and sends them over a single line that operates at a higher capacity is called ……………
1) Multiplexer 2) Bridge 3) Hub 4) Router
- Which of the following is not a form of Biometrics?
1) Fingerprint 2) Password 3) Retina Scan 4) Breath Scan
- Which of the following best defines a compiler?
1) Translates machine language into a high level language
2) Translates one statement at a time as the program executes
3) Translates two statements at a time as the program executes
4) Produces object code
- Which of the following is not a web browser?
1) Opera 2) Netscape 3) Microsoft Outlook 4) Internet Explorer
- What is the cell content alignment by default in a Excel?
1) Left Aligned 2) Centrally Aligned 3) Text is left aligned and numbers are right aligned
4) Text is right aligned and numbers are left aligned
- Which of the following device is used to transmit data over telecommunication lines?
1) Drive 2) Folder 3) Modem 4) Platforms
- A ………….is approximately one billion bytes.
1) Kilobyte 2) Bit 3) Gigabyte 4) Megabyte
- Printed information called …………, exists physically and is more permanent from of output than that presented on a display device.
1) Soft Copy 2) Hard Copy 3) Carbon Copy 4) Desk Copy
- To restart the computer ……key / button is used.
1) Ctrl + Del 2) Backspace + Ctrl 3) Ctrl + Alt + Del 4) Reset
- Which of the following is the benefit of using computer?
1) Computers are very fast and can store huge amounts of data
2) Computers provide accurate output even when input is incorrect
3) Computers are designed to be inflexible
4) All the above
- Which of the following keyboard short-cut is used to center the paragraph?
1) Ctrl + C 2) Ctrl + E 3) Ctrl + L 4) Ctrl + R
- If a memory chip is volatile, it will ………………….
1) Explode if exposed to high temperatures 2) lose its contents if current is turned off
3) Be used for data storage only 4) be used to both read and write data
- Which of the following is not hardware?
1) An image file 2) A keyboard 3) A monitor 4) A mouse
- Simultaneous execution of two or more instructions is called:
1) Sequential Access 2) Reduced Instruction Set Computing (RISC)
3) Multi processing 4) Disk Mirroring
- The different styles of lettering in a word processing program is called:
1) Font 2) Calligraphy 3) Writing 4) Manuscript
- A CD-ROM disk ………
1) Cannot be erased and rewritten
2) Has more storage capacity than a CD-R
3) Holds less data than a floppy disk
4) Can be written only once
- Which of the following is not an Operating System of Microsoft?
1) XP 2) 7 3) CE 4) Vista
- The code for a web page is written using:
1) A fifth generation language 2) WinZip 3) Perl 4) Hypertext Markup Language
- Periodically adding, changing and deleting file records is called
1) Updating 2) Upgrading 3) Restructuring 4) Renewing
- Which of the following functions is not performed by several s?
1) Processing Websites 2) Database Sharing 3) Storage 4) Word Processing
- Documentation of software’s / Computer programs is important so that:
1) Users can learn how to use the program
2) Other programmers can know how to maintain the program
3) The programmer
- What is the difference between a check box and Radio button?
1) No difference
2) In radio buttons multiple options can be selected whereas in check boxes only single option can be selected
3) In check boxes as well as radio buttons multiple options can be selected, but radio buttons can be used only twice
4) In check boxes multiple options can be selected whereas in radio buttons only single option can be selected
- Which of the following is true about Secondary Storage?
1) Does not require constant power
2) Does not use magnetic media
3) Consists of four main types of devices
4) Does not store information for later retrieval
26 ……..means that the data contained in a database is accurate and reliable?
1) Data Redundancy 2) Data Integrity 3) Data Reliability 4) Data Consistency
- Documents converted to ……….can be published to the web?
1) a doc file 2) http 3) Machine language 4) HTML
- ………….is an access method in which collisions are entirely avoided.
1) CSMA 2) CSMA/CD 3) CSMA/CA 4) All the above
- A………….typically connects personal computers within a very limited geographical area, usually within a single building?
1) LAN 2) BAN 3) TAN 4) VPN
- Who is/are the founders of Microsoft?
1) Bill Gates 2) Bill Gates and Allen Paul 3) Steve Jobs 4) Bill Gates and Steve Jobs
KEY: 1-1; 2-4; 3-1; 4-2; 5-4; 6-3; 7-3; 8-3; 9-3; 10-2; 11-4; 12-1; 13- 2; 14-2; 15-1; 16-3; 17-1; 18-1; 19-5; 20-4; 21-1; 22-4; 23-4; 24-4; 25-1; 26-2; 27-4; 28-5; 29-1; 30-2.