Canara Bank PO Notification 2018
If you have been waiting to work with your dream nationalized bank in India, here is the opportunity to grab the golden ticket for the post of “Probationary Officer”. The Canara Bank PO Notification has been released and interested candidates can apply online for the Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance PBGDBF) course through either the Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd.(MaGE) Bengaluru or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd. (NEIPL), Greater Mangaluru, both recognized by UGC. Through the activated online link for Canara Bank PO recruitment 2018, aspirants can apply for the PGDBF course of Canara Bank JMGS Scale 1 Exam by 31st January 2018 as well. After successful completion of the Canara Bank- Manipal course, candidates will be placed in any of the 6100 branches of the bank spread across the country. Currently, the post is open for 450 vacancies and thus the selection process is expected to be very crisp.
Important dates Canara Bank PO Notification 2018:
The Canara Bank PO Notification 2018 was released on 9th January 2018 and the recruitment process has already commenced. The selected candidates will be required to undertake the one year post graduate diploma in Banking and Finance (as mentioned above) and thereafter posted in any one of the bank branches. The exam date and relevant details are as below:
|Commencement ofonline application/fee payment||09.01.2018|
|Closure of online application /fee payment||31. 01.2018|
|Hall Ticket release date||20.02.2018 (tentative)|
|Date of Exam||04.03.2018 (tentative)|
Application Fee: In order to register for the Canara Bank PO PGDBF programme, a candidate must pay Rs.708/- as the Registration Fee. Applicants under SC/ST/PWD category will be required to pay the intimation charges only amounting to Rs.118/-. The fee is to be paid online after completion of the online application process.
How to Apply: Candidates applying for the post of “Probationary Officer” in Canara Bank can make an online application by visiting the official website Canara Bank (canarabank.com) and simply follow the instructions as mentioned below:
- Visit the home page of the Bank and choose the desired link under the “Apply Online” section
- Choose the “New user Registration” link and provide all the required educational details and credentials.
- Subsequently, scan and upload necessary valid documents and digital signature
- Crosscheck details and submit the form. Take a printout of the filled application as an acknowledgement for future reference.
- You can use the user ID and Password as generated to login for downloading the call letter for the online examination accordingly.
Canara Bank PO Notification 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
- Exam Pattern: The final selection of the candidate will depend on his/her performance in the Online Objective Test, Group Discussion (GD) and Interview (PI). The Online Objective Test will be conducted through the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, Mumbai in the following pattern:
Phase 1: Duration of Exam: 2 hours
|Subject Name||Questions||Marks allotted|
Note:- There is Negative marking of 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
Candidates who qualify the Online Written Exam will be called for the GD and PI. Successful candidates who make it through the PI will thereafter be joining any one of the institutes to complete their diploma programme in Banking and Finance and subsequently join the Canara Bank of India as PO.
Note: Candidates will be awarded 50 Marks based on Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Syllabus: Syllabus being the core of any examination can aid in the candidate’s preparation process and here is a glimpse of the outline. For the detailed syllabus, you can visit the official website and view or download the necessary details.
- English Language: Reading comprehension, Cloze test, Para-jumbles, Spotting errors, Sentence improvement, Fill in the blanks.
- Numerical ability:Number series, Simplification/ Approximation, Quadratic equations, Data interpretation, Miscellaneous
- Reasoning ability:Puzzle and arrangements, Inequality, Syllogism, Coding-decoding, Blood relations, Direction sense, Order and Ranking
- General Awareness:Static GK, Banking awareness, Financial and economic awareness.
Pay Scale:Based on the government regulations, the salary scale and emoluments for the post of PO: JMGD-I will be as follows “23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020”
Depending on the place of posting the following benefits will be given as per the rules: Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA, Medical Aid, Leave Fare Concession; Perquisites like Conveyance, Quarters, Furniture, etc.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates applying to the Canara Bank PO Notification2018 should fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for the Exam:
Educational Qualification: Candidates must have a Graduation Degree with a minimum of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWBD candidates) or an equivalent degree in any discipline from any University recognized by either the Government of India or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
Age Limit: Aspirants must be minimum of 20 years and maximum of 30 years as on 1st April, 2018.
Canara Bank PO Notification 2018 Selection Process:
The Canara Bank PO Exam 2018 will be conducted in two phases.
- First is the Online Objective Test which is to be followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview successively. The candidates who qualify both the rounds will undergo the extensive training programme in either of the Institutes: Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd. Bengaluru or NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd. Mangaluru.
- The course comprises 9 months of classroom pedagogy and 3 months of internship at any of the Canara Bank branches. The 9 month programme is completely residential and the selected candidates will be required to stay on either of the campuses (MaGE/NEIPL) for completing the course of study.
- The candidates would be thereof offered appointment in any of the Canara Bank offices/branches as ‘Probationary Officer in Junior Managaement Grade Scale- I’, depending on the successful completion of the entire one year course.