- 1 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- 1.1 CUT- OFF MARKS:
- 1.2 APPLICATION FEE
- 1.3 APPLICATION PROCESS
- 1.4 SYLLABUS
- 1.5 EXAM PATTERN
- 1.6 EXAM CENTERS
- 1.7 HOW TO PREPARE THE AP ICET
- 1.8 IMPORTANT DATES for AP ICET 2018
- 1.9 AP ICET PREVIOUS PAPERS and AP ICET MODEL PAPERS
- 1.10 PREPARATION TIPS
AP ICET 2018 NOTIFICATION: The AP ICET Exam (Integrated Common Entrance Test) is conducted by the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on behalf of the APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education). Established in 1988, the APSCHE was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. With the bifurcation of AP and Telangana States, APSCHE formed 18 Universities. Along with various other entrance tests, APSCHE conducts the ICET for aspirants seeking admissions into regular Post Graduate courses like MBA and MCA. Interested candidates can apply for pursuing any of the courses through the Andhra Pradesh ICET Notification 2018. Candidates who qualify the AP ICET Exam will be eligible for admissions into the Universities and affiliated Colleges across the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Aspirants interested appearing for the AP ICET 2018 must check the following criteria before applying to the notification. The Educational Qualifications and other eligibility criteria for AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Exam Notification 2018 are as follows:
- The candidates must be citizens of India
- For MCA: Aspirants must have completed B.Tech or 3 years Degree Examination in any discipline with Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- For MBA: Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration from any recognized University or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Applicants appearing for the Final Year Degree Examination are also eligible to appear for the AP ICET Exam.
CUT- OFF MARKS:
For MCA: Applicants must secure at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of reserved categories) in respective qualifying examination.
For MBA: Aspirants must obtain at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of reserved categories) in respective qualifying examination.
Candidates applying for AP ICET 2018 will be required to pay the application fee of Rs. 450/- before the closing date. The application fee can be paid through the AP Online Centres or the Citizen Service Centres or e-Seva Centres in Andhra Pradesh. Applicants can also pay the through the payment gateway via credit or debit cards.
The Application Form of AP ICET 2018 will be available online from the second week of March. Interested applicants can visit the official website of AP ICET@ www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet and follow the registration process as indicated thereof. Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps for filling up the AP ICET 2018 Application Form:
- Applicants can visit the website sche.ap.gov.in/icet and fill in the profile details as necessary
- On filling the application form, candidates will receive a Registration receipt containing a transaction ID.
- After receiving the transaction ID candidates can log-in using this id and fill in AP ICET application form which can be subsequently submitted along with the applicable fee.
The following courses are offered for the AP ICET 2018 Exam:
- MCA ( Master of Computer Application)
- MBA ( Master of Business Administration)
For preparing for the AP ICET, aspirants can refer to the ICET Syllabus and the latest Examination Pattern. It can help the applicants understand the scheme and pattern of the test to prepare well in advance. The detailed Syllabus is also downloadable in pdf on the official website of AP ICET.
The AP ICET Exam syllabus 2018 will comprise of 3 sections:
- Section A: this includes Analytical Ability, Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency.
- Section B: comprises Mathematical Ability consisting Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- Section C: focuses on accessing the aspirant’s Communication ability, Business and Computer Terminology, Reading Comprehension and Functional Grammar.
The AP ICET Exam 2018 will be conducted in offline mode i.e. in the pen paper mode. The Question Paper comprises 200 questions carrying one mark each. The duration of exam is 150 minutes and the exam will be conducted in 2 shifts i.e. from 10:00 AM- 12:30 PM and from 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM.
The MBA Entrance Exam Pattern for AP ICET 2018 is as follows:
|Sections||Subjects||No. of Questions||Duration (total)|
|-Data Proficiency||20|| |
2 and ½ Hours
|-Algebraic and Geometrical Ability||30|
|-Business & Computer Terminology||10|
The regional test centres where the AP ICET 2018 will be held across the state of Andhra Pradesh are as follows: (the centre details will be mentioned in the candidates’ Hall Tickets of AP ICET 2018)
|1.||Anantpur||Anantpur, Gooty, Hindupur, Puttaparthi|
|2.||Chittoor||Chittoor, Madanapalle, Puttur, Tirupati|
|3.||East Godavari||Kakinada, Rajahmundry, Surampalem|
|4.||Guntur||Bapatla, Guntur, Narasaraopeta|
|5.||Hyderabad||Hayathnagar, Moula Ali, Nacharam|
|6.||Krishna||Challapalli, Gudlavalleru, Kanchikacherla, Mylavaram, Vijaywada|
|7.||Kurnool||Kurnool, Nandyal, Yemmiganuru|
|8.||Prakasam||Chirala, Kandhukur, Markapuram, Ongole|
|9.||Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore||Gudur, Kavali, Nellore|
|10.||Srikakulam||Rajam, Srikakulam, Tekkali|
|11.||Visakhapatnam||Anakapalli, Madhurawada, Visakhapatnam|
|12.||Vizianagaram||Bobbili, Kothavalasa, Vizianagaram|
|13.||West Godavari||Bhimavaram, Eluru, Narasapuram, Tadepalligudem|
|14.||YSR Kadapa||Kadapa, Proddatur, Rajampeta|
The AP ICET 2018 Hall Tickets will be released a few days prior to the commencement of the exam. Candidates applying for the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Exam for the academic year 2018-19 can download their respective Hall Tickets once they are released.
HOW TO PREPARE THE AP ICET
Aspirants can start preparing for the AP ICET exam so as to acquire a good rank in the state level exam. Candidates can refer to the AP ICET previous papers before beginning to prepare for the exam by downloading last 10 years AP ICET Question Papers for free from the official website @ sche.ap.gov.in. The ICET Exam 2018 Model Papers are also available with solutions on the website link which can be used for practice and effective preparation.
IMPORTANT DATES for AP ICET 2018
STARTING DATE: 16th March 2018.
LAST DATE: 14th April 2018.
CLOSING DATE TO APPLY WITH LATE FEES: 24th April 2018.
EXAM DATE: 02nd May 2018.
ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD DATE: April 2018
COUNCELING DATE: July 2018
AP ICET PREVIOUS PAPERS and AP ICET MODEL PAPERS
Applicants scouting for AP ICET previous year question papers can obtain them from the official website link @ sche.ap.gov. These question papers and model papers offered along with the solutions can aid aspirants with an understanding on the pattern. Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test 2018.
Aspirants waiting to take the entrance test can pick some clues from the following tips to be able to prepare and perform well in the AP ICET Exam 2018.
- Prepare a schedule: Chalk out a yearly, monthly, weekly or daily study schedule before starting to prepare for the exam. Segregate the topics and subjects to be covered by allocating specific time duration to each. Allot the time in a manner so that you can cover the entire syllabus under the exam.
- Analyse the exam pattern and the syllabus: A proper understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern gives a better insight on how to go ahead with the preparation. Depending on your choice of course, you can follow the syllabus in details and accordingly organize for the exam. As you examine the trend of questions over the years, you can prepare notes on important topics to smartly handle them.
- Revision: As you approach the exams, revising on a regular basis will help you recall better.
- Stay fit: In order to prepare as well as perform well you would need to stay healthy and fit. Thus, you could follow a healthy eating and sleeping regimen and include some form of exercise to keep your mind and body aligned through the entire period. This will not only benefit your body but will also enhance your thinking abilities, enable enhanced concentration and render you stress free.